PRIEX® is developed by Solvay Belgium in their Research & Development plant in Brussels early 2000 as a polyolefin based specialty to open new market opportunities.
End 2007 ADDCOMP HOLLAND purchased PRIEX® business and in 2008 the PRIEX® production line was transferred from Brussels, Belgium to Nijverdal, The Netherlands and fully operational since then.
PRIEX® MA-g PO’s manufacturing
PRIEX® MA-g PO’s are manufactured by reactive extrusion:
PRIEX® Resins product portfolio
Important properties of MA-g polyolefins:
- % grafted MA-groups: Every producer of MA-g polyolefins uses its own determination of grafting level and its own way of indication on the COA or Technical data Sheet.
- Addcomp uses a combination of C¹³-NMR with FTIR for determining the level of grafted MA.
- ppm Free MAH: Addcomp uses HPLC as the test method for determining the Free MAH content.
- Viscosity: Addcomp uses MFI for determining the viscosity, conditions are specified on the Technical Data Sheet and the COA.
Advantages of PRIEX®
PRIEX® resins have the world’s highest grafting level (average twice as high as competitive products). This makes PRIEX® very effective at low dosing rates compared to existing competitive products (30% - 50% less needed).
PRIEX® resins are the world’s purest MAH grafted product with an extremely low free MAH content. (Typically < 150 ppm vs. competing products: 2000 ppm. In addition Addcomp also has grades with less than 20 ppm are available). The low free MAH content ensures low side reactions, low VOC emissions and low odor creation.
PRIEX® resins are compliant with EU and US (food) regulations:
- Meet the requirements of commission Directive 90/128/ECC and compliance with requirements of FDA Regulations
- Some grades are even approved for direct food contact
- According to Plastics Directive 2002/72/EC and the amendment 2004/19/EC
- According to US code of Federal regulation, title 21, section 175.105
PRIEX® as an additive (1 - 5 Wt%):
- In blends, to help compatibilization between immiscible polymers:
PA, PET or PBT with Polyolefin blends
- Added for coupling the filler to the matrix:
PO - glass fibers (in-line compounded LFT)
PO - wood flour/fiber (WPC) and other natural fibers
- PO - mineral fillers (CaCO3, pigments, Nano-composites)PRIEX® in waterbased emulsions
PRIEX® as an adhesive layer:
- As tie-layer for multilayer barrier filmsMulti-material assembling
- Multi-layer tubes
- Protective coating for metal surface
- Beverage cans
Sandwich metal sheets